Here are the WAMH charts from after our first week of broadcasting. Check out what we’ve been playing:
1. Frank Ocean: Channel Orange – Break out R&B star delivers in a big way on smooth, wonderfully crafted AOTY candidate.
2. Purity Ring: Shrines – Ghostly debut from electropop duo.
3. Grizzly Bear: Shields – Choir boy indie folk group moves further towards democratization with rapturous results.
4. G.O.O.D. Music: Cruel Summer – Kanye brings his GOOD Music crew together for a major label pop-rap record.
5. Animal Collective: Centipede Hz – Big time indie stars get dense and weird for their follow up to MPP
6. Fiona Apple: The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Chords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do – Pure, unadulterated genius from the much beloved singer-songwriter
7. Swans: The Seer – 30 years into the experimental band’s career, Swans craft perhaps their best album, a 2 hour behemoth.
8. Cat Power: Sun – All-time great indie rock songstress goes pop on her excellent new full-length
9. Dinosaur Jr.: I Bet on Sky – Slightly laid back but still fantastic new one from the long-time gods of fuzz rock and local heroes
10. The xx: Coexist – Sophomore effort from the minimalist sexed out indie stars
11. Japandroids: Celebration Rock – Fist-pumping rock album feels like summer, nostalgia, and the most kickass effort to hold onto youth in years.
12. Bloc Party: Four – You know, it’s Bloc Party
13. Joey Bada$$: 1999 – 17-yr old crafts a great throwback to 90s rap, can rap his ass off as well.
14. Yeasayer: Fragrant World – People like these guys
15. Sky Ferreira: Everything Is Embarassing – Not sure
16. Dan Deacon: America – Electro-chipmunk savant with his third album.
17. Cult of Youth: Love Will Prevail – Dark, gothy post-punk meets Against Me!
18. Jens Lekman: I Know What Love Isn’t – Newest from the witty indie pop songwriter
19. Passion Pit: Gossamer – Passion Pit’s frontman explores his own craziness amidst hyper-glossy electropop
20. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Grafitti: Mature Themes – Indie music’s biggest hack fucks around with the 80s, gets the love of blogs everywhere (again)
21. Music Tapes: Mary’s Voice – Side player from Neutral Milk Hotel shows us the E6 sound at its weirdest
22. Dirty Projectors: Swing Lo Magellan – Poppy, straightforward indie rock from the emergent stars
23. Wild Nothing: Nocturne – Chill, bro!
24. Azure Ray: As Above So Below – Not sure
25. Diiv: Oshin – Boring surf rock?
26. Thee Oh Sees: Putrifiers II – Yet another record from the prolific Cali garage rock group
27. Niki and the Dove: Instinct – Not sure
28. MNDR: Feed Me Diamonds – White girl makes solid Santigoldish electropop
29. Baroness: Yellow & Green – Pioneering sludge heroes strip away the metal from their sound, still write great songs.
30. Bob Dylan: Tempest – Bob Dylan is still alive.